Send in a photo that best captures your feelings for the people, places, events or activities in the Serangoon estate in North East Singapore and stand a chance to win attractive prizes!
Your work could also be featured in the upcoming Serangoon Public Library (opening in March 2011)!
To participate, submit your photo along with a title, caption and description of why the people / place / event in the photo is special to you.
Entries will be judged based on creativity, adherence to theme as well as the caption and description.
Closing date of Submission is Friday, 3 December 2010.
1st Prize: Digital SLR Camera (worth $1,000) + $100 book voucher
2nd Prize: Digital Camera (worth $500) + $100 book voucher
3rd Prize: Digital Camera (worth $250) + $100 book voucher
5 Consolation Prizes of Book Vouchers of $100 book voucher each
Terms & Conditions
- The contest is open to all residents in Singapore. Employees of the National Library Board (NLB) and their families are not eligible to take part.
- Photographs submitted must reflect the people, places, events or activities related to Serangoon estate in North East Singapore. Examples of areas within Serangoon include: Serangoon Central, Serangoon Gardens, Upper Serangoon, Serangoon North. The photographs must be free of all or any copyright and intellectual property restrictions; the need to pay license fees by NLB and in compliance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore
- Each participant may submit as many entries as he/she likes. However, each winner will only be awarded one prize in this contest.
- Entries (soft copy only) should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject of the email must include: "Serangoon"
- Resolution of the entries must be at least 1200 X 800 pixels and 300 dpi respectively.
- All photography works must be original and unpublished. The participant must also be the original author and sole owner of his/her own entries.
- Entries must include title and a caption of the photo, with a description of why the people/ place/ event in the photo is special to them.
- To include your full name (as in your NRIC), NRIC Number, correspondence address, telephone (home and mobile) and email address with your submission.
- Entries with incomplete information shall be rejected.
- All participants must ensure that permission has been obtained from the people featured to allow their photos to be displayed publicly.
- The closing date for all entries is Friday, 3 December 2010. Entries received after the deadline will not be accepted.
- All winners will be notified by Wednesday, 15 December 2010. The NLB judges’ decision is final and no correspondence shall be entertained.
- NLB reserves the right to publish or display the selected entries with the name of the winner of this contest for advertising, publicity and exhibition purposes, without payment of any fee nor the need for written consent from any parties.