MANILA, Philippines - Hours before her performance in a concert, international singing sensation Charice Pempengco was brought to a hospital in Singapore on Saturday morning due to food poisoning.
The culprit was a sushi meal she had in the morning with international singers David Foster, Natalie Cole, and other artists who are in the city state for another leg of their Asian concert tour.
Pempengco was rushed to the hospital hours before the concert because she was vomiting this morning, her mom, Raquel, told ABS-CBN News in a phone interview.
Nakakain po siya ng [sushi] sa Green Dome. Actually po hindi naman po si Charice lang, halos lahat po sila. Yung iba po kagabi po nagpa-check up na. Yung iba, ngayon kasama niya nagpapa-check up,” Raquel said.
Mrs. Pempengco said Charice is now okay and her fans have nothing to worry about anymore.
“Sabi niya po sa akin kanina nung tumawag po sa akin, ‘Mommy okay naman po ako. Pakisabi na lang po sa mga Chasters na ‘wag po silang mag-alala dahil yung nakain ko lang po yung hindi nakabuti sa tiyan ko kaya po ako dinala sa ospital’,” she shared.
According to Charice’s mom, her daughter has been feeling better already and will proceed with her performance at the concert scheduled tonight at the Esplanade Theatre.
“Ok na po siya ngayon. Wala na po siyang nararamdaman kasi naka-intake na po siya ng medicine niya. Nagme-make up na po siya ngayon kasi tuloy na tuloy po iyong show nila ngayong gabi,” Mrs. Pempengco said.