Friday, April 8, 2011

Eligibility for Primary Care Partnership Scheme

To qualify for PCPS, you must be either:

  • A Singapore citizen who is 65 years old or above, with a per capita monthly household income of $800 or below; or
  • A Singapore citizen who is disabled i.e. unable to perform at least one of the 6 activities of daily living (ADLs) such as washing/bathing; feeding; toileting; transferring; dressing; and mobility and with a per capita monthly household income of $800 and below and; or
  • On the Public Assistance (PA) Scheme.

How do I know if my application is successful?

You or your family member can go to any Community Centre/Club or Community Development Council (CDC) under People’s Association (PA) to register for PCPS. Each applicant must submit his application form along with the following supporting documents:-

  • Your NRIC and copies of your family members’ NRIC;

  • Proof of your own and your family members’ income, such are your latest pay slip, IRAS or CPF statements, or letters from employers; and

  • Documentary proof of other sources of income such as rental payment from tenants etc., if any.

How do I go for disability assessment?(Applicable to Disabled Applicants Only)

If you have a disability, you will also need to undergo a disability assessment. You should submit your PCPS application form to your CC or CDC. If you meet the income criteria, PA will refer you to an MOH-accredited disability assessor who will submit his evaluation to PA directly. The disability assessment process involves a fee. Please call up the assessor of your choice beforehand to check on the fee payable. A copy of the disability assessment form that will be issued to you by your CC/CDC and a list of accredited assessors can be found under Enquiries/Downloads page.

How do I know if my application is successful?

If your application is successful, you will be issued a Community Medical Benefits Card (CMB Card), which is valid for 3 years.

CMB Card Elderly


New Card


Old Card

CMB Card Disabled


New Card


Old Card

From 1 January 2009, CMB cards with a new PCPS logo will start to be issued by the CDCs, but valid CMB cards with old design will still be accepted.

Your CMB card is only for your own use and cannot be used by family members.

If you lose your card, then you should make a police report on the loss of the Card and also report the loss to the CDC that issued you the Card immediately. You will need to make a new application at any CC or CDC. All the necessary documents will need to be submitted again for verification.

For a list of the services covered under PCPS and more information on seeing a doctor or dentist under PCPS, please  click here

No comments:

Post a Comment